Striking, evocative and wild – Iceland’s magnificent fjords, smouldering volcanoes, thunderous waterfalls and seething geysers never fail to capture the imagination. Your DK Eyewitness Top Ten travel guide ensures you’ll find your way around the “Land of Fire and Ice” with absolute ease.
Our annually updated Top 10 travel guide breaks down the best of Iceland into helpful lists of ten – from our own selected highlights to the best waterfalls, volcanoes, hot springs and hiking trails. We’ve also worked hard to make sure our information is as up-to-date as possible following the COVID-19 outbreak
– Nine easy-to-follow itineraries, perfect for a day trip, a weekend, or a week
– Detailed Top 10 lists of Iceland’s must-sees, including comprehensive descriptions of Ãingvellir National Park, the Blue Lagoon, the Geysir Hot Springs area, Gullfoss, the Lake MyÂ´vatn area, VatnajÃ¶kull National Park, SnÃ¦fellsjÃ¶kull National Park, LÃ¡trabjarg Bird Cliffs, the Landmannalaugar area and JÃ¶kulsÃ¡rlÃ³n
– Iceland’s most interesting areas, with the best places for shopping, eating out and sightseeing
– Inspiration for different things to enjoy during your trip – including family activities and things to do for free
– A laminated pull-out map of Iceland, plus five full-colour area maps
– Practical advice: get ready, get around, and stay safe
– A lightweight format perfect for your pocket or bag when you’re on the move
DK Eyewitness Top 10s are the UK’s favourite pocket guides and have been helping travellers to make the most of their breaks since 2002.
Want to explore more of Europe’s incredible outdoors? Try our DK Eyewitness Norway.