YUMI STYNES worked as a cook before going into broadcasting, and SIMON DAVIS has edited literally hundreds of cookbooks in his career in food publishing. They met while working on one of Yumi’s cookbooks and discovered they share an insatiable desire to nail the never-ending task of feeding a family (between them, they have a LOT of kids). Inside their heads is an infinite Rolodex of recipes, plus endless hints and hacks for getting the most out of a meal without cracking the shits. So they decided to join forces and launched a podcast to solve the daily dilemma of what to cook for dinner.
Since its launch, the 5 Minute Food Fix has consistently been among the most downloaded food podcasts in the country, and has spawned a vast collection of fans who tune in religiously for dinner inspiration. This book pulls together the best hits from the pod and some never-before-seen recipes, all of which have been tested – and re-tested – on the world’s most unforgiving critics, and cooked under the most trying circumstances (during life or whatever).
Yumi and Simon aren’t here to waste your time, so every recipe has been developed to be quick, fuss-free and most importantly, delicious.
You need this book if …
* you’re constantly being asked ‘What’s for dinner?’ and your answer is a despairing shrug
* you’re exhausted by dinnertime and your repertoire of meals is nightmarishly repetitive
* you love food and want to be a better cook but, like, within the bounds of reality
* you want to save money, eat less takeaway and generally be a better human
* you might not be nailing life but could possibly nail an easy and delicious dinner.