Embark on a fun-filled sporting journey with this lift-the-flap book for young readers. Find famous and lesser-known games and sports from across the continents and learn how children around the world play. From ice hockey in Canada, baseball in the USA to kabbadi in India – discover interactive surprises and beautiful illustrations on every page.Â
Packed with super-cool artwork and fascinating insights, curious kids aged 3-5+ can explore 8 vibrant sporty scenarios, each set in a different country, with flaps that lift to reveal hidden team uniforms, behind-the-scenes imagery of stadiums and more. This one-of-a-kind book is a brilliant introduction to the world of sports for children who love to play.
InsideÂ Let’s Play Sports:
– Interactive lift-the-flap featureÂ that reveals the inside of stadiums, sports equipment and uniforms
– 8 scenes of people playing sportsÂ from all over the globe, providing a fun glimpse into the awesome ways kids, grown-ups and teams compete in friendly games
– Famous and lesser-known games and sportsÂ that show how other cultures play together and spend time with one another
– Easy-to-understand insightsÂ into the history of particular sports and games
– Beautifully illustratedÂ to keep curious minds entertained and engaged
– Covers:Â Canada (winter sports like ice hockey and snowboarding), USA (adventures at a baseball game), Brazil (beach sports like volleyball and beasal), UK (seaside games, crazy golf and skateboarding), Cameroon (soccer and ‘stockings’), India (cricket and kabaddi), Australia (water sports like surfing and paddleboarding), New Zealand (touch-rugby and a haka performance)
Let’s Play SportsÂ is the latest book in the Lonely Planet Kids’ lift-the-flap series following on fromÂ A Place Called HomeÂ andÂ A Time to Celebrate.Â Written by Kate Baker and illustrated by Hannar Riordan, this is the perfect book to gift to young minds, showing them how sports and games can bring joy and happiness to life – anywhere in the world.
About Lonely Planet Kids: Lonely Planet Kids – an imprint of the world’s leading travel authority Lonely Planet – published its first book in 2011. Over the past 45 years, Lonely Planet has grown a dedicated global community of travellers, many of whom are now sharing a passion for exploration with their children. Lonely Planet Kids educates and encourages young readers at home and in school to learn about the world with engaging books on culture, sociology, geography, nature, history, space and more. We want to inspire the next generation of global citizens and help kids and their parents to approach life in a way that makes every day an adventure. Come explore!